Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Joan Rivers is a NutCase...

but, so damn funny.  Generally, I'm pretty anti-make-fun-of-celebrities.  I heard some of her Oscar Fashion Coverge today on the radio and I thought I may have to pull over cause I was laughing so hard.  Really, that has NOTHING to do with my crafting but I can't stop thinking about her jokes. The was one about  blue dress and a former president............

She ties in nicely to the One Layer Wednesday challenge from Heather's Blog.  Today is TUESDAY, so this is last week's challenge. 

Here are the rules from the challenge:

OLW128 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock. No other layers allowed.
2. Make a one-layer birthday card for a female


 Sometimes, I think we get stuck that one-layer means "FLAT".  It does not.  I used the new Stampin Up! Honeycomb Textured Embossing Folder and my Big Shot to add texture to the card base.

Hexagons are a hot trend right now--you'll want to add this item to your crafting supplies!
  For extra FLAIR, I used the Star-Flower stamp "thing" from the Pennant Parade.

The sentiment is from Curly Cute.

Both are stamped in Rich Razzleberriny k.
{heart}

KatTip: The card base is standard A2, I just trimmed the top layer by about 3/4" to fit the sentiment on the bottom/inside. 

 A few extra pearls add the feminine touch to this Wisteria Wonder colored card.  Is that cheating on One-Layer?  I don't think pearls count.  Every lady needs a few pearls.


The fine print....

STAMPS:
   Curly Cute: An extra curve here and swirl there gives a font the perfectly playful details that can make a greeting spectacular. Item: 117014

   Pennant Parade: Popular pennants! The Pennant Parade Set offers versatile images to create unique pennants, a Christmas tree, an ice cream cone—and so much more! Pair the images with our Petite Pennants Builder Punch to add pizzazz to any project.  Item: 122742
CARDSTOCK and INK:

All the extras....
Basic Pearls Jewel Accents119247
Jewels are just as magical in papercrafting as in fashion. Add a pearl here, a rhinestone there, and your projects take a subtle step up. With our pearl basic jewels, it’s easy to add a touch of class to your projects in an instant.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment