Monday, March 11, 2013

What I'm Traveling With.... Get Back to Basics.

I had an epiphany recently. It went like this.

1. I like to stamp.
2. I travel a lot.
3. I never have time at home to stamp.
4. I should stamp while I travel.
5. This is how I find "me time".

So, welcome to the introduction to InstaStamp on the road.

I travel to ...
Michigan, Iowa, California, Colorado, Wisconsin.

I fly and drive or BOTH.

Yea, it's not Aruba but I like it.  It's my real J.O.B. But, crafting and Stampin' Up! is my passion.

So, here are the RULES.
1.  It's gotta fit in my 2 carry-ons.
2.  No scissors (they are banned, all but very small ones)
3.  No Liquids. I don't have room in my 1Qt bag.  3-1-1 to speed your screening process.

And, Here is my InstaStamp On The Road Basic Kit.

1.  Stampin Trimmer.  YES.  This is my ONE BIG ITEM.  I don't think I can survive without it, most trips. and, it fits nicely in the bottom of my carry-on bag.
Stampin' Trimmer126889
Price: $29.95
A cutting and scoring tool made with crafters in mind!
· Cutting and scoring. Cut anywhere, in any direction. Full 12" cut or score.
Keep scoring and cutting blades on the track at the same time.
Includes:
1 cutting and 1 scoring blades.
· Measuring. Extended 6-1/4" base. Extend ruler to 15-1/2".
· Storing. Compartment under base to store blades, scoring stylus, more!




2. Bone Folder102300
Price: $6.95
This bone folder gives your handmade projects crisp, clean folds. Use it for everything from getting beautiful, crisp folds to distressing the edges of a card, scrapbook page, or accent.

* Scores and burnishes paper
* 6” long
* Made of genuine cattle bone
* Sanded smooth and polished
* Point on one end only


3.  Snail Adhesive and 2 (or, 3) Snail Refills

Snail Adhesive104332
Price: $6.95
SNAIL Adhesive (simple, neat, affordable in-line) applies a controlled amount of adhesive directly to your project, so your hands and work area never get sticky. A small amount creates a strong bond, so your cartridge lasts a long time. We also have refills that slip right into the cartridge, so you’ll never find yourself without your SNAIL. You’ll love the adhesive, and it’s a great price, too!

■ 472” of double-sided adhesive
■ Great for cards, scrapbooks, or other art projects
■ Keeps fingers and art pieces free from messy glue
■ Refill cartridges sold separately
■ Permanent; creates a strong bond


Snail Adhesive Refill104331
Price: $4.50
SNAIL Adhesive (simple, neat, affordable in-line) applies a controlled amount of adhesive directly to your project, so your hands and work area never get sticky. A small amount creates a strong bond, so your cartridge lasts a long time. Refills slip right into the cartridge, so you’ll never find yourself without your SNAIL. You’ll love the adhesive, and it’s a great price, too!

■ 472” of double-sided adhesive
■ Great for cards, scrapbooks, or other art projects
■ Keeps fingers and art pieces free from messy glue
■ Permanent; creates a strong bond



4.  Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes107311
Price: $5.95
These pre-scored cards make creating unique cards a breeze! Each card is scored for easy folding, and the packet comes with 20 cards and matching envelopes.

■ 5" x 3-1/2" card (folded)
■ 5-1/8" x 3-5/8" envelope
■ Whisper White
■ Exclusive Stampin’ Up! envelope flap design


5.  Pearls.  A lady always needs pearls.

Basic Pearls Jewel Accents119247
Price: $4.95
Jewels are just as magical in papercrafting as in fashion. Add a pearl here, a rhinestone there, and your projects take a subtle step up. With our pearl basic jewels, it’s easy to add a touch of class to your projects in an instant.

• Small, self-adhesive pearls
• 150 pearls per package; 50 each of 3 sizes (2 mm, 3 mm, and 5 mm)
• Each package also includes three 2-5/8" strips of connected pearls perfect for borders


6.  Stampin' Dimensionals104430
Price: $3.95
Stampin’ Dimensionals are the easiest way to give your projects an instant 3-D look. Just stamp an image, trim around it, and then use a Stampin’ Dimensional to attach it to your project. They are also great for making greetings stand out and attaching 3-D objects such as tags and bows.

■ 300 1/16" double-sided, self-adhesive foam mounts
■ Use multiple Stampin’ Dimensionals for multilevel projects or added height
■ Great for layering


7.  Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents119246
Price: $4.95
Jewels are just as magical in papercrafting as in fashion. Add a pearl here, a rhinestone there, and your projects take a subtle step up. With our rhinestone basic jewels, it’s easy to add a touch of class to your projects in an instant.

• Small, self-adhesive rhinestones
• 150 rhinestones per package; 50 each of 3 sizes (3 mm, 4 mm, and 5 mm)
• Each package also includes three 2-5/8" strips of connected rhinestones, perfect for borders


8.  Anything else I can fit in....This Box.  The MAGIC BOX.  (is that wierd?)

This box will contain the basic supplies listed above plus 'whatever' project I want to work on while on the road.

The box is about 6Wx6Lx3D.

I have a list of of about 30 things I want to try.  I'm excited.







I would HIGHLY recommend you join me on the following social networks to watch the antics and drama that I know will unfold.

TWITTER   @katrobe1  #instastamp

FACEBOOK

INSTAGRAM


I keep imagining crafting with random things I find in my hotel room.  TV Guide? Styrofoam Cup?  Pillow?

Send me ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment